Statements about locus of control and work behavior

Advertisement
   80.   An individual with an external locus of control would be most likely to say:
a.
I prefer to work alone rather than have a group influence my performance rating.
b.
I was promoted because I worked hard for five years.
c.
I'm sure I can achieve a 10% increase in sales volume.
d.
I got a bad performance evaluation because my boss is biased against me.


ANS:  D                  

   81.   Locus of control typically is considered to be part of the ____ factor of personality.
a.
self esteem
b.
sociability
c.
agreeableness
d.
conscientiousness


ANS:  D                   

   82.   Which of the following statements about locus of control and work behavior is false?
a.
Externals prefer a more structured, directive style of supervision.
b.
Internals are more achievement oriented than externals.
c.
Externals are less likely than internals to try to influence or persuade others.
d.
Internals perform better when the work requires compliance and conformity.


ANS:  D                   

   83.   The effects of locus of control on performance can be measured in all of the following dimensions except:
a.
information processing
b.
motivation
c.
initiative
d.
education


ANS:    D
Share This
Previous Post
Next Post