Differences in motivation, attitudes, personality, and abilities

Advertisement
13. Lauren, a senior management major, comments to her professor after class: "You know, I actually enjoyed giving my presentation in class today. I can remember during my sophomore year, when I gave my first presentation in front of the whole class. I was petrified! But now, after giving at least one presentation in each of my management classes, I think I'm really becoming good at it." This statement probably reflects the influence of ____ on Lauren's experience of stress in giving a presentation.
a.
positive thinking
b.
reinforcement
c.
pride
d.
individual differences


ANS:  B                      

   14.   Taryn has an important project due at the end of the work week. Though she feels a great deal of stress, the presence of her coworkers have helped her to cope. This is an example of how ____ can influence a person’s response to stress in their environment.
a.
social support
b.
past experience
c.
role ambiguity
d.
gender


ANS:  A                   

   15.   Individual differences in motivation, attitudes, personality, and abilities influence:
a.
whether employees experience work stress
b.
whether layoffs in their department will be necessary
c.
both of these are influenced by these factors
d.
neither of these are influenced by these factors


ANS:    A
Share This
Previous Post
Next Post