Following statements illustrates the forcing conflict-handling style

Advertisement
39. Which of the following statements illustrates the avoiding conflict-handling style?
a.
It makes other people happy, I’m all for it.
b.
I insist that my position be accepted during a disagreement.
c.
I usually don’t take positions that will create controversy.
d.
I try to dig into an issue to find a solution good for all of us.


ANS:  C                  

   40.   ____ is the interpersonal conflict handling style that may be used to stay away from conflict, ignore disagreements, or remain neutral.
a.
Forcing
b.
Avoiding
c.
Compromising
d.
Accommodating


ANS:  B                   

   41.   It may be desirable to use the avoiding style for handling conflict in which of the following circumstances?
a.
When unpopular courses of action need to be taken to ensure long-term organizational effectiveness.
b.
All of these are circumstances in which the avoiding style should be used.
c.
When there is equal power between the parties in conflict.
d.
When the issue is of minor or passing importance.


ANS:  D                   

   42.   Which of the following statements illustrates the forcing conflict-handling style?
a.
I shy away from topics that are sources of disputes with my friends.
b.
It makes other people happy, I’m all for it.
c.
I insist that my position be accepted during a disagreement.
d.
I try to dig into an issue to find a solution good for all of us.


ANS:    C
Share This
Previous Post
Next Post